Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
The purpose of this course is to enable students to reason about the role of ethics in business administration utilizing fundamental theories of ethics. Student will be encouraged to think deeply about the nature of business, the responsibilities of management, and how business and ethics can co-exist. Cases without easy answers that raise a range of problems facing managers will be used. Discussions will focus on developing a framework for analyzing the issues in moral terms, making a decision, and then developing a set of reasons for why the decision was justified. The course is designed to encourage students not only to foster integrity and responsible decision-making, but also to push students to take leadership roles in dealing with complex and difficult choices they will face in their careers. Students will address a range of themes in the class, including basic concepts in ethics, responsibilities to stakeholders, corporate culture, causes of ethical breakdown in organizations, managerial integrity, and personal values. Prerequisites: BUSI 200 or HOSP 205 or Permission of Instructor (3:3,0)
Course Area: Business
Level: Upper Level Undergraduate
Dates: 08-29-2022 - 12-16-2022
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Paula Reardon
- Local Course ID: 22FA_DEL_BUSI385_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.