Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This is the core writing course taken by students at the College. The goal of the course is to help students develop the writing skills necessary for effective communication in a variety of contexts. Students receive instruction in composing well-developed, unified, coherent prose for multiple audiences and purposes in a variety of discourse modes, including but not limited to explanatory, analytical and persuasive forms of writing. Students are also required to complete at least one research assignment utilizing library resources and will produce a minimum of 5,000 words in original and revised drafts. Prerequisite: None (3: 3, 0)
General Education Area(s): Basic Communication
Course Area: English & Literature
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 08-29-2022 - 12-16-2022
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Patricia Verlaan
- Local Course ID: 22FA_DEL_ENGL100_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.