Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
In this course students will analyze the historical, sociological, and philosophical foundations of education in the United States. Students will examine curriculum development, instructional models, and the importance of assessment, and accountability in education. Policies and practices related to school governance, and finances will be explored by students. Current events related to education will be investigated.
General Education Area(s): Social Sciences
Course Area: Education
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 08-25-2022 - 12-16-2022
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Ginger Thomas
- Local Course ID: 22FA_CAN_EDUC210_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.