Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course will provide the non-health major (and specifically early childhood, childhood education and special education majors) with the basic skills and knowledge necessary to work in the area of health education at the preschool and elementary school level. Included in the course is an exploration of student health status; theories, models and approaches relevant to health education; state and national health education standards; effective health education practice; an examination of health content areas and particularly nutrition, fitness, emotional health, safety education (including fire and arson prevention, child abduction, abusive and dangerous environments and violence prevention/intervention), and alcohol, tobacco and other drugs prevention/intervention; and skills needed to protect and promote health as related to each of the course content areas. Course meets all health-related SED teacher certification requirements other than the child abuse recognition and reporting requirements.
Course Area: Health
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 12-20-2022 - 01-17-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Matthew Moyer
- Local Course ID: 22WI_COR_HLH265_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.