- Spring 2023
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
(Dual listed with AFR 130) This course covers development of African American literature from early slave narratives and folklore following the advent of the trans-Atlantic slave trade through the Revolutionary, pre- and post-Civil War periods, to the major literary flowering of the 1920s Harlem Renaissance. Writing is an integral component of the course.
Prerequisites: ENG 100 or ENG 101 and ENG 102 or ENG 109
General Education Area(s): Humanities
Course Area: English & Literature
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 01-24-0023 - 05-19-0023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23SP_NAS_ENG207_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.