Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course will explore the field’s relationship to emancipatory education and social movements. The course will also examine the history that connects adult education to social justice. Finally, the course will look at contemporary social movements (both international and national) and the important impact of popular education within those movements. In this course we will examine what activism has meant historically in this country and elsewhere in the world. We will also look at some historical and current examples of social movements and their implications. We will define activism through examples as well as case studies and explore how people can collectively accomplish social change in society. The course will use mainly a sociological lens to grapple with intersectionalities around theories grounded in social movements. This course was previously ADL-680115.
Course Area: Education
Dates: 01-17-2023 - 04-28-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23SP_ESC_ADLC6025_01
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.