- Spring 2023
- Michael Pacelli
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
Course covers the fundamentals of viticulture (growing grapes) and enology (making wine). The course is designed as an elective for students completing the AAS degree in Business Administration with Wine Studies Concentration. Students will learn basic grape physiology such as the major varieties, pruning and trellising, soils, climate conditions, and major grape diseases. Basic fermentation techniques such as primary alcohol fermentation involving yeast and secondary malolactic fermentation involving bacteria will also be covered. Simple chemical analysis will include sulfur dioxide, alcohol, acid, and sugar determination. Students will order grapes from a winery, ferment the grapes to wine, and analyze the wine using materials and instruments supplied in their wine kits. Cross-listed with BIOL 180. Click here for full section info.
Prerequisites: Prerequisite Information
Course Area: Culinary Arts
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 02-20-2023 - 05-12-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Michael Pacelli
- Local Course ID: 23SP_CAY_WS180_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.