Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
The purpose of this course in action research is threefold: (1) to understand promising practices in the teaching and learning based on current scholarship; (2) to become competent, critical readers of action and interpretive research on teaching and learning; (3) to engage in a small-scale classroom study (or small-group adolescent study) to explore action research as a means of pursuing questions of teaching and learning to improve practice. Emphasis throughout will also be on understanding the assumptions and theories underlying research and drawing implications for teaching and learning in diverse classroom contexts. This class is appropriate for Ph.D. and Master's students interested in the role of action research to improve classroom practice. (Note: those who are not currently teaching, you will have opportunities to collaborate with currently practicing teachers or developing a practical plan, given your situation.)
Course Area: Education Theory and Practice
Dates: 01-30-2023 - 05-12-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Tiffany B Karalis Noel
- Local Course ID: 23SP_BUF_LAI515_LECLOB
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.