- Spring 2023
- Rana Ryan-Begin
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
Social work is largely delivered through organizations as they go about the task of transforming social policy into services. The way these organizations are administered affects the way in which they function. Use of a trauma-informed and human rights perspective in the development and implementation of these administrative patterns and procedures is critical to the practice, performance and behaviors of its agents and the services they provide to clients. This course offers students an introduction to the theory and practice of administration and leadership from a social work perspective. Theories of management, organization structures, roles and skills for mezzo and macro practice within an agency or organization are examined. The unique perspective and strategic evidence-based management that social workers bring to the resolution of agency problems, from federal and state rules to budgeting and staff issues, is explored.
Prerequisites: SW 500, 503, 505, 506, 510, 514, 520, 521, 550, 551 or SW 540 and 541
Course Area: Social Work
Dates: 01-30-2023 - 05-12-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Rana Ryan-Begin
- Local Course ID: 23SP_BUF_SW564_LECAON
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.