- Spring 2023
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
The goal of this course is to learn a community based perspective of public health and health promotion, stressing an understanding of social determinants of health. The course will include readings about the importance of working with diverse communities, concepts and best strategies for assessing community assets and needs, as well as approaches for community based public health interventions and strategies for collaborating with community members to improve the health of the community. Some topics that will be covered include; coalition building, community assessment approaches, community health workers, social capital, empowerment, and participatory health promotion approaches. The course is geared for students who are interested in working at community based organizations, government agencies, advocacy organizations, and in community based research.
Course Area: Health Services Management
Dates: 01-18-2023 - 05-02-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23SP_ALB_HHPM535_0001
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.