Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
The turn of the 20th century saw an explosion of changes which in turn redefined our visual vocabulary. This course introduces the major artists and movements of 19th and 20th century western art. Avant Garde art of the 19th century, the rise of high modernism and its subsequent decline in the postmodern era will be examined. Issues considered are artistic intention, spirituality in art, the birth and development of abstraction, art with political agendas and the implicit historic contexts of modern art. Work will be viewed through slide presentation and videotape.
Course Area: Art
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 05-24-2023 - 07-03-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Margaret Craig
- Local Course ID: 23SU_DUT_ART102_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.