Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course is designed to prepare students for their field experiences and edTPA by introducing them to the theoretical and practical aspects of planning, implementing and assessing student learning using an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to social studies instruction Pre-K through sixth grade. The 2015 NYS Social Studies Framework, its Tool Kit, the inquiry Design Model and their alignment with the ELA Common Core provide the basis for course work in students explore and demonstrate the fundamentals of lesson planning using Cooperative Learning, Bloom’s Taxonomy, the Effective Teaching Model, Gardner’s Multiple intelligences Theory and research-based critical thinking and literacy strategies to develop reading, writing, speaking and listening skills and strengthen academic language, language function and other language demands in the content area. Students will also practice with and create their own assessment tools and provide feedback using task sheets and rubrics.
Prerequisites: EDLS 306, EDLS 314, EDLS 320, EDUC 308, EDUC 411
Corequisites: EDUC 310, EDUC 407, EDUC 408, EDUC 409
General Education Area(s): Social Sciences
Course Area: Education
Level: Upper Level Undergraduate
Dates: 08-28-2023 - 12-15-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: K. Chad Graham
- Local Course ID: 23FA_POT_EDUC312_OL1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.