- Fall 2023
- William Prosser
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course is a comprehensive class covering the basics of wine, taste and evaluation of wines, and the most prominent wine regions in the world. Specifically, we will study wines, terroir, and wine laws from the following countries and states: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Hungary, Greece, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California, Washington, Oregon, and New York, with emphasis on the Finger Lakes region. Other regions from Europe, the Mediterranean, and the United States may also be evaluated. This class will also study the history of wine and introduce all of the major grape varieties. A tasting lab will be included with each class where we will study wines€™ appearance, aroma, taste, and texture. Wine descriptors and terminology will be learned and enhanced as the class progresses. To complete the wine tasting portion of the course students must be 21 or older OR Students under age 21 can still register for the class but will not be permitted to taste wine and will be given alternate assignments. Click here for full section info.
Course Area: Business
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 10-02-2023 - 12-08-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: William Prosser
- Local Course ID: 23FA_CAY_BUS110_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.