- Fall 2023
- Linda Frank
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
A survey of the basic narrative of growth and development of the America in the 19th century from Jeffersonian America through U.S. Imperialism. Economic, political, religious and social developments (with sensitivity to American unity and diversity) will be central to the 19th century narrative. The course will also include military history (including the War of 1812, Mexican American War, the Civil War, and the Spanish American War). The course will also examine the developing relationship between the United States and the international community. While the major focus of the course is on nineteenth century history, the course will extend into the 18th century in order to provide insight into root of themes examined in the course of the study (historical continuity). Click here for full section info.
General Education Area(s): American History
Course Area: History
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 08-28-2023 - 12-08-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Linda Frank
- Local Course ID: 23FA_CAY_HIST104_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.