Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
A survey of the basic narrative of the growth and development of modern America. With sensitivity to issues of unity and diversity, the course will examine the cultural, social, economic, and political developments of America in the 20th and 21st centuries. Special emphasis will be placed on the expanded role America has played on the international stage. While the major focus of the course is on the 20th and 21st centuries century history, the course will extend into the 19th century in order to provide insight into the root of themes examined in the course of the study (historical continuity). Click here for full section info.
General Education Area(s): American History
Course Area: History
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 10-02-2023 - 12-08-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Linda Frank
- Local Course ID: 23FA_CAY_HIST105_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.