- Fall 2023
- Yunju Nam
- Start Date
- Total Credits
- Call to Register
Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course examines theories and methods of policy development and analyses with a specific focus on social policies that affect socially and economically disadvantaged populations. Emphasis is placed on both qualitative and quantitative analysis approaches in order to equip students with knowledge and techniques essential to policy development and analysis and to enable them to be critical consumers of it. In addition to policy analysis and evaluation tools, this course stresses the political aspects of policy-making and helps students to practice policy analysis from the perspectives of disadvantaged populations. Utilizing a trauma-informed and human rights perspective, students seek to improve the lives of people by developing social policies and programs based on scientific analysis and evaluations.
Prerequisites: SW 500, 503, 505, 506, 510, 514, 520, 521, 550, 551 or SW 540 and 541
Course Area: Social Work
Dates: 08-28-2023 - 12-11-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Yunju Nam
- Local Course ID: 23FA_BUF_SW563_LECAON
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.