Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
Students learn about trends and issues related to the design of Accounting Information Systems (AIS) that provide timely information to decision makers to add value, protect information, assess security risks and comply with mandates. Topics include the connections between the information system and the need for financial control, documentation, record keeping and reporting.Student projects may include hands-on experience in using accounting software to design an accounting information system for a small-to-medium size business. This course covers in its components technology implementation and information management skills in business. Basic computer skills are required as well as access to a personal computer onto which accounting software can be downloaded and used.This course was previously BME-213214 Accounting Information Systems. Prerequisites: ACCT 3025 and ACCT 3030 or equivalent.
Course Area: Accounting
Level: Upper Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-05-2023 - 12-15-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_ESC_ACCT4005_01
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.