Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This advanced examination of substance abuse treatment focuses on substance-abusing clients and their families, encouraging them to form a heterogeneous group that is treated from an individualized perspective. We will explore practical skills and treatment strategies and address substance abuse as a disability and a complex problem. The concept of recovery will be addressed as a process that is holistic, individualized and functionally based. Using an integrated approach, we will examine personalized assessment, behavior change strategies, and effective treatment modalities. This course is aligned with the Community and Human Services Area of Study guidelines for Skills & Application. This course is aligned with the BS in Addiction Studies program guidelines Skills and Application & Integration.
Course Area: Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counseling
Level: Upper Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-05-2023 - 12-15-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_ESC_ADDS4010_01
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.