Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
In this course, students research and analyze employment trends, predict the effect of these trends on their own careers, evaluate reliable sources of occupational and job information, and use these sources to advance their understanding of career goals, employers, and how to best present themselves for job searches, advancement, or career change. Topics include the changing nature of work, the importance of developing transferable skills for a changing environment, career goals, and more. Assignments include essays, an annotated bibliography, and a digital profile which includes a resume and a professional work sample. The course is appropriate for students at any point in their careers. Note that there are two versions of this course, Introductory and Advanced; students should not take both SSAE 2005 21st Century Careers: Introductory and SSAE 3005 21st Century Careers: Advanced. This course was previously EDU 232062 21st Century Careers.
Course Area: Career Development
Level: Upper Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-05-2023 - 10-27-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_ESC_SSAE3005_01
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.