Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course is a study of autobiographical literature, including, but not limited to, traditional autobiography, memoir, travel writing, and the personal essay. Students will read and examine representational pieces of autobiographical writing in order to assess how authors characterize themselves, their life choices, and their views of the world through prose. Writing is an integral component of the course. Students who have taken ENG 217 are discouraged from taking this course.
Prerequisites: ENG 102 or ENG 103 or ENG 109.
Course Area: English & Literature
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-01-0023 - 12-20-0023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_NAS_ENG216_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.