Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
Students receiving credit for PED 271 will not receive credit for HED 271. This course is designed to explore why people develop addictions and dependencies. Using alcohol use, abuse and alcoholism as primary models, students discuss addictive behavior as manifested in such areas as eating disorders, gambling, tobacco and substance use. The course analyzes the epidemiology of alcohol use in American culture and its effects on society. It also considers the intra-psychic addictive syndrome on diverse populations that reflect issues of race, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation.
Course Area: Health
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-01-0023 - 12-20-0023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_NAS_HED271_1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.