Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
Considers current law, regulations, and frameworks for positive behavioral and social emotional well-being development for students of diverse abilities and backgrounds. Course focuses upon research and application of a range of techniques to achieve behavioral, social, and academic continuous improvement among students with disabilities; includes positive behavioral intervention, including applied behavioral analysis, cognitive behavior modification, and social skills training. Specific emphasis is given to training in functional behavioral assessment (FBA) to inform individual student behavioral planning through data driven team decision making. Additional identification of the roles, responsibilities, and collaborative processes of the behavioral plan process is defined for team members according to state and federal regulations.
Prerequisites: SPED 609, SPED 637, SPED 650. Adv. Cert.: SPED 601 or SPED 505.
Corequisites: SPED 601. Adv. Cert.: SPED 646 or SPED 647 or SPED 648
General Education Area(s): Social Sciences
Course Area: Education
Dates: 08-28-2023 - 12-15-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Instructor: Laura Carbone
- Local Course ID: 23FA_POT_SPED640_OL1
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.