Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
A course in quantitative literacy designed for students in Liberal Arts, Social Science, and Humanities. Emphasis will be on the practical aspects of mathematics. Topics include: non-traditional problem solving techniques, personal finance utilizing a graphing calculator organizing and analyzing data, the Normal Curve, methods of counting, applications of elementary probability, and mathematical research on the Internet. Written projects are required in one or more of the following areas: analysis of a stock market portfolio, a statistical case study, and historical topics related to mathematics. Notes: Specific graphics calculator required; wait until first day of class before purchasing.
General Education Area(s): Mathematics
Course Area: Mathematics
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-05-2023 - 12-22-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_WES_MATH117_91324
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.