Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
This course begins after 1865 building on HIS 133 to emphasize political, economic, social and cultural institutions which shaped the African American experience through the early 21st century. Topics include: African American leadership in the late 19th century, migration, African Americans and WW I & II; the Civil Rights movements to 1980; the election of Barack Obama and African American developments to the present.
General Education Area(s): American History
Course Area: History
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 09-05-2023 - 12-22-2023
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 23FA_WES_HIS134_90590
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.