Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
As a student in Herkimer College's Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics AS degree program, you'll take a combination of criminal justice and computer technology courses to help you develop the skills needed to be successful in this rapidly growing field. The curriculum prepares you to transfer into a four-year program to get a bachelor's degree. U
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Courses in the cybersecurity and digital forensics program are:
- Intro Criminal Justice
- Understanding & Managing Cybercrime
- Fraud Examination
- Python Programming and Cybersecurity
- Introduction to Information Security
- Computer Forensics & Investigation
- Network Defense & Countermeasures
- Criminal Procedure Law
- Advanced Computer Forensics and Investigations
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now