Earn your doctorate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Educational Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership and Change (ELC) is designed to prepare mid-career practicing professionals to hold leadership positions in higher education, where graduates serve as change agents. The ELC uses a scholar-practitioner model, which starts with the assumption of self-directed, collaborative learning among researchers, practitioners, educators, and students to produce scholar-practitioners.
Learning in a community of practice through cohorts is one of the central tenets of this program and is facilitated through face-to-face and online interaction among students and faculty. Four residencies, which are generally two-day intense, face-to-face meetings with workshops and course meetings, support this approach.
- What's a doctorate degree?
- A doctorate degree usually takes four or more years to complete, unless you already have a master's degree. Doctorate degrees are very specific to a particular area of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now