Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The A.S. in Engineering Science from Finger Lakes Community College provides a core education in mathematics, science, and introductory engineering, and will prepare you to pursue a bachelor's degree in any engineering field. The curriculum has calculus, physics, chemistry, engineering graphics, computer programming, mechanics, thermodynamics, electric circuits, the strength of materials, and engineering design. Gear up for an engineering career that features invention and innovation, sharpens your analytical skills, and prepares you for a bachelor's degree in engineering.
After completing AS in Engineering Science program, you are eligible to apply for transfer to a four-year engineering school as a junior. The engineering program at Finger Lakes Community College is a member of the State University of New York Two Year Engineering Science Association (SUNY-TYESA), which creates a partnership between two-year engineering programs and four-year engineering schools. SUNY campus partnerships facilitate a seamless transfer process.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Courses in the engineering program are:
- SUNY general education courses
- Calculus I, II, and III
- Engineering Graphics
- Computing for Engineers
- Engineering Design
- Electrical Circuits
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now