Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Geospatial Information Science Technology (GIST) A.A.S. is a growing and exciting career field that allows users to see trends and patterns in crimes, health, environment, environment, finances, and more. GIST uses computer software, imagery (airplanes, drones, and satellites), and data (phones to online data) to map and analyze information. Students who earn an A.A.S in GIST will have received a comprehensive education and internship to prepare them to enter the geospatial workforce (GIST technician) or transfer to a four-year university and have a wide variety of career options (cartographer, geospatial intelligence, or remote sensing analyst).
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now