Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The SUNY Online Homeland Security A.S. degree from Monroe Community College equips you with the knowledge and skills to provide vital prevention and protection services to our country and your community. The accredited, two-year degree inspires students to discover a world of career opportunities in national, private, community, or global security.
Homeland security experts are the people who protect us from and respond to national disasters, terrorism, and public health crises. Graduates with a homeland security degree enjoy opportunities in law enforcement, intelligence analysis, information security, infrastructure protection, emergency management, and many others. Learn about joining the front lines as an immigration or customs inspector, a trained expert in law enforcement, or an emergency medical services provider. Perhaps you prefer the combat domestic and global threats online instead, the homeland security degree prepares you to work behind the scenes in cybersecurity and emergency planning.
After successfully graduating with your degree in homeland security, you are ready to apply for transfer as a junior to an online bachelor's degree program in homeland security, security studies, or a related major at a SUNY college.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Courses in the homeland security degree program are:
- Intro to Intelligence Processes
- Physical Security
- Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Terrorism and Homeland Security
- Intro to Cybersecurity
- Communication and Crisis
- Intro to Emergency Management
- Computer Security I
- International Politics
- Organizational and Facility Security
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now