Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Individual Studies AS at Alfred is a broad-based online program that will give you the opportunity to explore majors, career options, and futures—all in one place. It is also excellent preparation for transfer into four-year programs or various colleges and universities. Your degree can be tailored to fulfill a career goal that cannot be met by traditional program offerings or to use credits you may have already earned at another institution. Students with this degree are prepared to enter professions including nonprofit, communications, journalism, advertising, business, entrepreneurship, event planning, and entertainment. Students also can enter directly into a four-year degree completion program to continue their education.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now