Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This A.A. degree program is designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college to pursue careers in journalism, magazine writing, social media or writing for trade and web publications. This program meets the SUNY Transfer Path for Communication: Media. With completion of the associate degree (courses with “C” or higher), students will achieve junior status when transferring into a related program at the SUNY four-year institution.
The curriculum emphasizes a core of journalism courses with a background of liberal arts courses designed for transfer. The student will be trained in the basic principles and practices of journalism and will be given an opportunity to write for and participate in the production of a student news publication.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now