Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The behavioral sciences relate to the criminal justice system in many waysunderstanding responses to criminal victimization, preventing or reducing crime, examining how the criminal justice system interacts with people who have mental illnesses, and exploring how human perceptual processes may influence forensic evidence analysis. These are only a few of the topics addressed in Behavioral Forensics courses. This advanced certificate program was developed to advance understanding of human behavior in forensic contexts and is intended to enhance employment options in criminal justice and mental health professions..
What you will study:
Our program provides students the opportunity to tailor their learning experience depending on area of interest and career goals. In this 15-credit, 100% online program, students can learn about behavioral science applications to the criminal justice system. Students will apply knowledge from their elective courses to a 3-credit internship that aligns with their career goals in mental health counseling, human services, law enforcement, corrections, probation, or law.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now