Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Securing accurate and appropriate payment for health care services challenges health care providers, insurance companies, and patients. Today's complex health care insurance and governmental payment systems depend on medical coding to determine proper payment. The coding and reimbursement specialist program incorporates the knowledge and skills needed to assign the correct code for prompt and accurate reimbursement. C&RS professionals analyze patient records, assign ICD (ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS), CPT, and HCPCS codes to diagnoses, procedures, and services provided to patients for timely and accurate healthcare billing, reimbursement, and medical necessity.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now