Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Computer Tomography certificate from Alfred State College is designed for radiologic technologists who wish to expand and diversify their clinical skills within the healthcare market place. With the exception of the clinical requirement, the program is designed to be an online experience.
Students will learn how to demonstrate correct positioning skills, select proper technical factors, utilize appropriate radiation protection techniques, exhibit patient-centered skills, critique images to determine diagnostic quality, display proper work ethics, adapt standard procedures for non-routine patients, apply written communication skills to the construction of documents of record that are established professional guidelines, apply oral communication skills to the explanation of ideas and scientific terminology, and use technological resources effectively and appropriately, synthesize theory and concepts from the liberal education domain and other professions into computed tomography.
Graduates can gain employment in hospitals, clinics, government agencies, or private physicians offices. Students may also continue their education and transfer directly into one of our own BS or BTech degree programs or to another college.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW