Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The certificate program in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) from Alfred State College is an upper-level, online program that will produce graduates, who are capable of working under the supervision of a physician, and who are proficient in the application of magnetic resonance imaging equipment and techniques to gather critical radiologic data to enable the diagnosis of a variety of conditions and diseases.
The program targets the acquisition of specialized MRI certification by place-bound college graduates currently employed in the medical field as licensed radiological technologists. It will consist of 15 credits total, delivered online, over a minimum of two academic semesters.
The curriculum will include: Instruction in pathologic data recording; magnetic resonance imaging data processing; magnetic resonance imaging equipment operation; and professional standards and ethics. Students in the program will complete didactic courses online, as well as clinical rotations at designated hospitals and imaging centers.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW