- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 50% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Applied Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
If you’re looking for a career in the criminal justice field, the AAS in Criminal Justice from Broome Community College is for you. Graduates are prepared for positions such as: law enforcement, crime analyst, dispatcher, security, corrections, crime prevention, private investigation, court administration, intake specialist, juvenile caseworker, victim advocate, community service officer, and more. Students may also transfer to a four-year institution through specific advisement, which provides additional career opportunities in probation, parole, pretrial services, child and adult protection services, law, and more.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW