Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The mission of the Health Studies A.S. degree is to prepare students for successful transfer to a broad range of baccalaureate programs in the health professions. Students will be well prepared to excel in future academic programs and a career in the health sciences by obtaining a broad foundation in science, mathematics, and technical electives.
With options to choose electives of interest and the ability to complete SUNY General Education requirements, students will be prepared to successfully transfer into a baccalaureate program. Students also have the opportunity to simultaneously enroll in a certificate program and all credits earned will apply to the degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Ability to accurately communicate with members of the healthcare team using effective verbal and written communication while maintaining patient confidentiality.
2. Application of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and healthcare concepts into the skills of an entry level medical professional.
3. Be familiar with the principles of ethical and professional behavior that is required of a healthcare professional.
4. Apply relevant knowledge of cultural awareness as it relates to healthcare.
5. Perform effectively as an effective communicator in the role of a healthcare professional.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW