Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The mission of the Health Studies A.A.S. degree is to prepare students for individualized healthcare career paths. This highly customizable degree with choices from among many different biology, science, and health-related courses, with many courses offered online, in a traditional classroom setting or a blend of the two, allow students to be prepared for employment in an entry-level position healthcare related field of their choice.
Students also have the opportunity to simultaneously enroll in a certificate program allowing them to increase their skill set and employability. This degree also prepares students for transfer into competitive health programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Ability to accurately communicate with members of the healthcare team using effective verbal and written communication while maintaining patient confidentiality.
2. Application of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and healthcare concepts into the skills of an entry level medical professional.
3. Be familiar with the principles of ethical and professional behavior that is required of a healthcare professional.
4. Apply relevant knowledge of cultural awareness as it relates to healthcare.
5. Perform effectively as an effective communicator in the role of a healthcare professional.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW