- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 50% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Science
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Visual Communication Arts degree at SUNY Broome prepares students for successful careers in Visual Communication and fosters students’ transfer to four-year institutions. These diverse and dynamic careers include animation, graphic design, game design, new media design, web design, motion graphics, fashion design, scientific and medical illustration, industrial design, art education, art history, art therapy, architecture, video production, editorial illustration, fine arts, interior design and photography.
Broadly, students in the Visual Communication Arts degree program will learn the theory and practice of the dynamic between an image and an idea. They will acquire the conceptual and technical skills critical to the application of contemporary image-based communication in a global environment. They will also analyze and evaluate the creative process.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW