- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Advanced Certificate
- Contact Us
Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Enhance your career with an advanced certificate in Creativity and Change Leadership from Buffalo State College. Ongoing development of leadership models during the last century has drawn a close connection between creativity and leadership. At the core of many current leadership models is the concept of change—how to foster and manage it. This concept is clearly reflected in the language used to describe the essence of leadership today. For instance, many leadership theories focus on visionary, transformational, and change leadership. In addition, the view that leadership consists of a set of specific attributes that one has or does not have has shifted to an understanding that leadership skills can be learned and developed.
The ability to think creatively is an essential leadership skill. Often, a leader must act as a catalyst for change and when we engage in creative thinking our goal is to bring about change, i.e., to bring about an idea, solution or concept that helps us to meet an important goal or to address a complex challenge. Thus, it is imperative for leaders to learn how to facilitate their own creative thinking, as well as those they work with, to bring about productive change (i.e., new products, services, resolution to problems, opportunities, etc.).
The purpose of the State University of New York graduate certificate program in creativity and change leadership is to provide students with the knowledge and skills that can put them in a better position to operate as change leaders. Leadership is a process. This certificate program teaches students how to better manage this process.
The program applies more than 50 years of research, development, and practice in the field of creativity toward leadership development. The program is not designed strictly for those in formal leadership roles; anyone can learn how to positively influence others as a leader. Leadership is about action, not position.
After completing this graduate certificate program, students can submit an application to continue with the master’s degree in creativity (i.e., all courses taken to fulfill the certificate can be applied to the master's degree).
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW