Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Assessment in Student Affairs Advanced Certificate from Buffalo State College is designed to provide professionals with the necessary skills to become assessment leaders in their higher education community and beyond. The Advanced Certificate is grounded in the principles and foundations of data-based decision making, collaborative practice, and reflective learning. It is designed to equip practitioners with the skills to gather information, the ability to understand the nature and value of formal inquiry, and the opportunity to serve as change agents within their institution through assessment.
The certificate program is designed as a fully online program, making it accessible for full-time working professionals. Students may begin the program in the spring or fall term.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW