Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Advanced Certificate in Disaster and Emergency Management from Buffalo State College covers theory, legal structure, federal doctrine, planning and practice of disaster and emergency management.
The program includes courses related to the history of disaster and emergency management, intergovernmental relations associated with disaster and emergency management, the role of private and non-profit organizations, in addition to the politics and public administration of disaster and emergency management practices.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW