Earn your advanced-certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This graduate certificate program is designed to serve the advanced educational needs of professionals who educate and train workers and volunteers, but who do not need a masters degree. The certificate program consists of 12 graduate credit hours, and is designed to address the essential skills and competencies for professional practitioners in human resource development. Graduates will use their skills to develop and administer training programs to produce a more effective and competitive workforce. The certificate in human resource development can be applied toward a masters degree in adult education at Buffalo State. Students wishing to complete the graduate certificate in human resource development and the master of science in adult education within 30 credit hours must complete the entire graduate certificate and then apply for admission to the masters degree in adult education. This program does not lead to teaching certification. The graduate certificate in human resource development is offered both on the Buffalo State campus and through web-based courses.
- What's an advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now