Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The SUNY Buffalo State Master of Science in public relations degree program provides a solid foundation in the principles and practice of public relations for students interested in careers in public relations.
The 33-credit-hour program, which includes an internship, educates students in the principles, theories, research methods, and writing techniques that are needed for a career in public relations, with special emphasis on strategic communication planning skills, real world case studies, and ethical standards that are required to succeed in the field.
Graduates of the program have a wide variety of career choices in public relations and social media positions at public relations agencies, nonprofit organizations, small businesses, large corporations, schools and colleges, hospitals and medical practices, law firms, government, the military, sports teams, tourism agencies, and entertainment, among others.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW