Earn your Bachelor of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of SUNY Canton Crime Analysis BS - Online
The Bachelor of Science in Crime Analysis from SUNY Canton combines core concentration in crime analysis with select courses in data analytics, cyber security, and geographic information systems. Throughout this program, students identify solutions to crime problems and learn to formulate crime prevention strategies. Additionally, students learn crime mapping and the application of statistics to understand the techniques available to map crime and provide predictive analytics to criminal justice agencies.
Applying spatial analysis and mapping, quantitative assessment, and using standard software packages, individuals who complete the program will be prepared to understand investigative techniques and data in order to provide criminal justice agencies with tactical, operational, and strategic crime analysis products. Students will also be prepared to enroll in and pass the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services crime analysis certification exam.
- Students must be prepared to take Intermediate Algebra (MATH 106) if they have not completed
- Students must have a high school average of at least 75% or an associate degree
- Transfer students with an associate degree must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Students must be prepared to take ENGL 101 to satisfy SUNY general education requirements
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
Courses you will take online
Courses in the crime analysis program are:
- Optional drone surveillance microcredential
- Civil Liberties & Homeland Security
- Cyber Criminology
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Research Methods in Criminology & CJ
- Intelligence-Led Policing
- Digital Forensic Analysis
- GIS: Crime Mapping
- Intelligence Research and Analysis
- Introduction to Culminating Experience
- Culminating Experience in Criminal Justice
- Trial Court and Rules of Evidence
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW