Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of SUNY Canton Crime Analysis BS - Online
The Bachelor of Science in Crime Analysis from SUNY Canton combines core concentration in crime analysis with select courses in data analytics, cyber security, and geographic information systems. Throughout this program, students identify solutions to crime problems and learn to formulate crime prevention strategies. Additionally, students learn crime mapping and the application of statistics to understand the techniques available to map crime and provide predictive analytics to criminal justice agencies.
Applying spatial analysis and mapping, quantitative assessment, and using standard software packages, individuals who complete the program will be prepared to understand investigative techniques and data to provide criminal justice agencies with tactical, operational, and strategic crime analysis products. Students will also be prepared to enroll in and pass the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services crime analysis certification exam.
SUNY Canton's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
Courses in the crime analysis program
- Optional drone surveillance microcredential
- Civil Liberties & Homeland Security
- Cyber Criminology
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Research Methods in Criminology & CJ
- Intelligence-Led Policing
- Digital Forensic Analysis
- GIS: Crime Mapping
- Intelligence Research and Analysis
- Introduction to Culminating Experience
- Culminating Experience in Criminal Justice
- Trial Court and Rules of Evidence
- Students must be prepared to take Intermediate Algebra (MATH 106) if they have not completed
- Students must have a high school average of at least 75% or an associate degree
- Transfer students with an associate degree must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Students must be prepared to take ENGL 101 to satisfy SUNY general education requirements
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW