Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Technology in Criminal Investigation from SUNY Canton provides a unique alternative to traditional criminal justice programs. This degree focuses on developing the necessary knowledge and skills required in criminal investigations. Students in the major receive training in criminal investigations, including analysis of forensic evidence, preservation of crime scenes, evidence collection, and laboratory processing.
Students can also receive an Associates in Criminal Justice degree at the end of the second year. Students will complete an internship with a law enforcement related agency or enroll in five upper level JUST courses.
SUNY Canton's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW