Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of SUNY Canton Cybersecurity BS - Online
The online B.S. in Cybersecurity from SUNY Canton prepares students to assess computer and network system security needs, recommend safeguard solutions, and manage security devices, systems, and procedures.
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program is designed for working professionals and transfer students from computer science, networking, and security fields. Applicants who have an associate degree in a related field are encouraged to apply. What if you don't have an associate degree or experience in computer science, networking, and security fields? Students work with a SUNY online admissions coach about applying to associate degrees in computer science and security studies to take the SUNY general education credits and foundation courses required for admission to the cybersecurity degree online at Canton.
Once accepted into the online completion program in cybersecurity, full-time students can finish their bachelor's degree in as few as four semesters. The online completion degree requires 60 liberal arts and sciences credits, and 63 degree-specific credits including networking, programming, ethical hacking, contingency planning, digital forensics, cybersecurity defense, and cryptology.
Cybersecurity graduates enjoy several options in the nation as the need for computer and information professionals grows 13% by 2030, outpacing other industries. SUNY Canton graduates with a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity are strong candidates for master's degrees in computer science and IT.
SUNY Canton's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
Cybersecurity courses in the program
- Management Information Systems
- Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
- Network Defense and Countermeasures
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Cryptology in Theory and Practice
- Students must be qualified to enter at least College Algebra (MATH 121) and Composition and the Spoken Word (ENGL 101) to satisfy SUNY general education requirements
- Computer or technology courses are strongly recommended
- If transferring to the program, transfer students into this program must have a 2.0 GPA for admission. Students from other institutions and majors may have to complete certain bridge courses that could extend their graduation date.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW