Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Science degree in Emergency Management from SUNY Canton focuses on the development and education of emergency managers and other administrative personnel with responsibilities in emergency management or the allied homeland security field of study.
Students receive education in the mitigation of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from natural or technological emergencies, disasters and catastrophes. Students complete virtual incident command and training exercise activities, and have the opportunity to develop significant research projects or internships with emergency and disaster management agencies.
SUNY Canton's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW