Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Students who want to become funeral directors, managers, or leaders in the field of Funeral Directing. Working professionals who want to embark on continual development and stay abreast of current standards within the profession.
Students in this program will receive a Bachelor of Technology degree upon successfully completing 16 required FSAD courses in addition to the liberal arts requirements.
Students will have an opportunity to obtain real-life experience in a funeral home setting for academic credit. Students will have an opportunity to learn proper embalming techniques in an embalming laboratory on campus.
Each course within the program is designed to build on previous educational experience so that after the four years of studies the student will have the critical thinking skills necessary to meet the demands of professionalism in the practice of funeral directing. Mock funerals, internships, and other hands-on experiences are involved in preparing Funeral Service professionals for their careers.
The FSAD B. Tech Completion program provide: An opportunity for Life Experience Credits for matriculated students; Challenge Exams for Professional Knowledge;100% of classes are online for B. Tech completion students; Flexible semester course loads.
SUNY Canton's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW