- Designated As
- Plus Program
- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Associate of Arts
- Contact Us
Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Students SUNY Canton's Liberal Arts and Sciences: General Studies AA develop a program consistent with a specific career objective or select a concentration from academic areas of humanities, social sciences or natural sciences. Prepare for careers in teaching, law, journalism, public administration, human services, finance, insurance, pharmacy, physical therapy, and other fields requiring an understanding of the human condition and the ability to communicate ideas. Graduate and continue study in such disciplines as English, education, art, drama, music, communication, economics, history, psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
Complete all or the majority of the courses required in the first two years of a baccalaureate program in the natural and physical sciences. Graduates have successfully transferred to pharmacy and physical therapy programs. Have the opportunity to cross-register at SUNY Potsdam, St. Lawrence University, and Clarkson University. Transfer to baccalaureate institutions
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW